About Jack Baehman
What Do You Want In A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
You want someone who is committed to this area of the law. Many firms include workers’ comp practices. Workers’ comp injury cases in the St. Paul area are nearly all Jackson Baehman does. His entire practice is about helping people who have been knocked down to get back up.
Disclaimer: Jackson Baehman also assists people with personal injury and Social Security Disability claims. And he steps in when injured workers run into discrimination, retaliation or harassment problems where they work.
With a quarter-century of experience in workers’ compensation, Jackson Baehman provides clients with the legal know-how to obtain the benefits they deserve.
What Constitutes A Work Injury?
There are several types of work injuries:
- Specific injuries: These injuries occur from a single event of a specific type. They arise out of and in the course of employment, and they are compensable.
- Cumulative trauma injuries: Compensation in Minnesota is allowed for injuries that occur as a result of repetitive minute (small) trauma brought on by the performance of ordinary job duties.
- Occupational disease: This is a disease arising out of and in the course of employment; it is peculiar to the occupation in which the employee has engaged. Occupational disease is because of causes in excess of the ordinary hazards of employment.
- Consequential injuries: Subsequent injuries or disabilities that are the direct result and natural consequence of a previous compensable injury are likewise compensable.
- Psychological/mental injuries: This can include psychiatric diagnosis of conditions related to work.
Not Every Injury Stems From An Event
Many injuries occur because of repetitive activity over time on a day-to-day basis, not as a result of a one-time injury. A common example is carpal tunnel syndrome from performing identical hand movements as on an assembly line or performing data processing, or it could be a lower back injury from repeatedly bending and lifting items every day at work.
Other injuries are called consequential injuries — they arise from a previous work injury. For example, if you had a previous right shoulder injury and, because of this injury, you started using your left shoulder more, you could develop a consequential left shoulder injury.
Some injuries occur because of long-term exposure to chemicals, asbestos or other toxic substances over time. Attorney Jackson Baehman pursues these cases with the same vigor and skill with which he pursues accidents like falls and explosions.
What’s A Good Workers’ Compensation Law Firm?
You’re there. Baehman Law of Woodbury will protect your rights and get you every dollar you are entitled to.
Learn more about our lawyer by reviewing his personal profile:
If you have suffered an injury on the job in Minnesota, you need an effective, experienced workers’ comp lawyer in your corner. In the Twin Cities east metro area, contact Jackson Baehman at 651-447-6657 or email him a description of your injury using this online form.